Thursday, December 15, 2011

What do you think of the name Belle?

Not as a nickname to Isabelle, Arabella, Annabelle, etc.. Just Belle.





It has been growing on me alot lately, thanks to Kelsey [Musicalmama] :) I mainly like it as a middle name though, as it seems a little bit incomplete to me as a first name. What do you think of the name Belle, and do you prefer it as a first or middle name?|||I love it, it's a beautiful name, and it means "beautiful" too! I really like French names for girls. Belle is simple, elegant and sweet, and it's a great alternative to the popular Bella, which I don't think ages nearly as well.





I think it could work nicely as a first name, with a more elaborate middle name, but I slightly prefer it as a middle name. I have it on my name list as Magdalena Belle. It flows well with lots of different first names, and it makes a change from Grace, Faith etc. while still being short and sweet.





I'd rate it 9/10!|||I love it, it's one of my favorite Disney Princess names. I also love it more and more now because of the character Belle Black in my favorite Soap Opera, Days Of Our Lives. Tho her character is really Isabella and gets Belle as a nickname. I love it on it's own as with Isabella and Arabella i love the nickname Bella more, and i don't like Isabelle spelled that way as i love it Isobel. So for me i just love it on it's own and i would name a girl Bella and Bella, as i also love Bella on it's own too. Lisa Michelle x x lol x x|||I agree that it sounds incomplete as a first name. Much better as a middle name.


I makes me think of Beauty and the Beast.. I think that was her name.


Belle is quite pretty, and I think it actually means beautiful or something similar.


I find it much better than Bella- It's less common and more sophisticated.


It would go best with a three-syllable first name, I think. Ex. Liana Belle.|||I LOVE the name Belle, and I totally agree with you - it's perfect as a middle name, but I doubt I'd use it as a first name. I think Belle has a really pretty and elegant sound to it - I hate the name Bella, but Belle is gorgeous and it's so much more unusual too. :]|||I think Belle is beautiful, even as a first name. I have a thing for doubled names, like Mary Claire, or Anna Belle ( which is my favorite name in the world), so you could try something like these:





Belle Marie


Belle Chrystine


Belle Kathleen





and then just call her belle. (:


I've been told I have weird taste in names so sorry.|||I adore Belle :) While I personally prefer it as a nickname, I think its also lovely on it's own. I think it works best as a middle name, because (as you said) it seems incomplete as a first name.|||It's very sweet and classic. But, I would be afraid that with all the little Bella's / Isabella's / Isabelle's on the playground, it might get confusing. I think using it for a middle name would be safer.





:D|||I don't really like "Belle."





"Bella" is prettier, but that's just in my opinion. I like them both as middle names, though.|||I prefer it as a middle name, I agree it sounds to imcomplete as a first name (unless its a nickname). Delilah Belle is one of my top ten favorite names.|||I love it as a middle name.


You can put almost any first name in front of it and it will sound great.|||I prefer Belle as a middle name. I very well agree that it is incomplete as a first name.|||I agree that Belle by it's self doesn't sound complete enough for a first name, but makes a good middle name.|||I like Belle, but I agree with you. It seems incomplete as a first name. It's a very pretty middle name :)|||I really like it, both as a first and middle name, but probably more as a middle name :).|||I like Belle :)


I think it works great as a first name and a middle name so its ultimately up to you.|||i love it as a first name its kinda unique|||its ugly


and you do not live in a fairytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment