Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can we be scammed renting a house?

this property is listed on rentalhouses.com I sent an email (as it was the only way to contact them) asking if the property was still available this is the response email I got ""Hello!!!





Thanks for the email.. I sincerely apologize for responding late. I had a tight schedule with lots of assignment.Yes the House is still available and will only be given out to the right person that will take very good care of the place and the facilities..


The house has a lot of facilities like Breakfast area/room, Formal dining room, Tile flooring, Vinyl flooring, Wall to wall carpeting, 9 ft.+ ceiling(s), Walk-in closet(s). The kitchen has a dishwasher, stove, microwave/ventilator, double sinks with a disposal, pantry, tile back splash and wainscoting. Cathedral Ceiling(s), Gas Water Heater, Paddle Fans, Smoke Alarms, Breakfast Room, Entry Room, Great Room, Study/Office, Dishwasher, Dryer, Garbage Disposal, Microwave, Range, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Softener. The Patio House is inform of Cottage and is fenced. The house has a Great Room which is 20x14 Level: 1, Bedroom 1 is 15x13 Level: 1, Bedroom 2 is 14x10 Level: 1, Bedroom 3 is 12x10 Level: 1, Breakfast Room is 12x9 Level: 1 and other necessary facilities....





I have really decided to give out the house as a result of my transfer to London ( UK).....No awesome credit.. The house is not under any property management, I have withdraw my house from their listings...and I am taking charge of my house personally as the landlord, that was the reason why the house rent is low, because there is no broker fee attached to it, and I am renting it out for a good family that will take care of my house not just a wealthy family..





I will be giving out the house for $600 with a security deposit of $900. I need to inform you as well that money is not the major reason why I am renting it out but want someone who can take care of it as if he/she owns it. So let me know as soon as possible if you can take good care of it, so that we can discuss the rent further. Pets are allowed.





We initially wanted to sale the house but we changed our minds and decided to rent it out because the economy is bad and it has also affected the housing market. We might decide to sale in the future but for now we are just renting it out.





The keys are with me and there is nobody of mine that can show you the inside of the house. I hope the pictures I sent to you, can give you the ideal inside of the house. The keys will be sent to you, if you are ready to rent the house and on the condition that the security deposit has been paid.





After receiving the keys and you are not okay with the house, your money is refundable, and our keys should not spent upto 2days with you, before posting it back to us, otherwise, we will agree that you are okay with the house.





If you are interested you can go by and view it but you will not be able to go inside cause the keys are here with me in United Kingdom .. Here is the address of the house ( 6119 VENETIAN WAY N Mobile, AL 36608 ).


I await your reply.





Karman Afzal %26amp; Alia Sharif


+447024036772.. """





First thing is a house like this generally goes for around $1,100/mo to rent.


Second he is in another country


Third he has no one here to show the house and wants the deposit sent in order to get the keys sent.


If it is legitimate I would love to rent it but it seems strange to me. Is there anyway to make sure I dont get a $900 deposit stolen from me and never receiver keys, or move into a home that is about to be forclosed on or something? thanks|||Your common sense serves you right. This definitely is a scam, and you should forward the email to rentalhouses.com. I am certain that they would want to know that someone is using their site to conduct a scam.|||I WENT BY THIS HOUSE TODAY! The people living there are being harassed EVERY DAY by random strangers stopping by to see if it is for rent! I emailed the scammer "Karman" and told him he needs to stop, change his ways, and ask God for forgiveness, cuz right now he's heading straight to Hell!

Report Abuse


|||This is a scam. Red flags are no one to show the house, the "landlord" out of the country and his "promise" that the deposit is refundable.|||That sounds like a huge scam! there is no way you should take this house. It says you can have a refund within in 2days of holding the keys, well it takes longer than that to send em back! I know it sounds sweet, but its suppose to! Unless you can come up with a contract, which shouldn't be an issue since they just want a "loving family" to care for the house, then stray away. Also, they must have some sort of family here since they have a house here, ask if they can show it to you and handle the transactions in the US rather than the UK where you will never find them. Laws are different here than there. Contracts are valuable. good luck|||This is a total scam. Do not think twice about renting this house. Think about it. If you owned a house and were out of the country, the first thing you would do is hire an agent to show it. Second, why rent it at less than market. They are hoping that you are enticed by the low price and you send a check. That would be the last time you see your money.|||This is a VERY common scam.





Never rent a property without seeing it first.





Never send money to someone overseas.





If you send your money, you will never see it again and you will never get the keys|||This sounds odd. Who says he actually owns the house? Look on the tax rolls.|||100% scam.





1. STOP communicating with this theif.


2. STOP trying to find a rental online. This house is listed on 4 or 5 sites already. All the scammer had to do was copy the information and change the contact email. The scammers have taken over. they will say anything to explain why they can't meet you in person to sign contract, exchange keys or get a deposit.








This letter is 100% scam.


Out of country (well, yes, but not with this house, it isn't his).


Too good to be true price.


Stresses that he needs to trust you (in the hopes you'll start trusting him).


BS reason as to why *he* has the keys and no one else can show it to you (a real person would hire a property manager--if a pipe breaks, who would he call?).





Sharif is not the owner of said property as verified at mobile alabama property tax records.|||funny ! I just recieved the same exact email for a house in Wayne NJ


41 Ratcliffe RD..MUST BE A SCAM..


How do we report someone like this?|||THIS IS A SCAM......I got the exact message. After weeks of searching for affordable rent in this area, I was blown away once I came across this house because I knew that a house such as this should rent for twice the price of what is listed. I also went so far as to send the $900 security deposit. Thank God the clerk noticed that the I.D this jerk was using is a fake and would not pay him the money. I've learned a very, very valuable lesson. If you have doubts, trust your instinct. I am posting messages everywhere this house is located. No one deserves to be robbed of their hard earned money.

No comments:

Post a Comment