Thursday, December 8, 2011

Should I go to University of Alabama or Liberty University?

Because of my schedule, I have to take classes online. I have been taking classes from Liberty for the past year, and I have 40 hours under my belt. My major is BS in management information systems. I just recently found out Alabama has a distance learning program too, but it's in Business Administration and doesn't have a specific concentration. Alabama's business school is ranked among the top 3% in the nation, and the school has a great reputation.





On the other hand, Liberty offers the more specific degree, and I've already finished all my core classes like math and science. If I transfer to Alabama, I'll have to retake some of the math courses.





Liberty seems to have a polarizing reputation. I've heard some employers look down on the degree from there. I should also mention that they have also screwed up a couple of things as far as my class schedule and registration go. Oh yeah, they don't provide me an academic advisor either. They say they are "a team of advisors", but they are really a call center filled with students who advise part time for minimum wage and extra credit.





Alabama is cheaper, but only slightly. I'll have to take proctored exams through them too, which seems like an inconvenience. I've already applied and been excepted to Alabama, and I have to make a decision in the next 3 weeks before it's time to register.|||You have provided your own answer. Liberty: "polarizing reputation," "look down on the degree," "screwed up a couple of things." Alabama: "the top3%," "great reputation," "cheaper." You are fortunate to have been accepted to Alabama. Go for it! Proctored exams are the least of your problems.|||If Alabama will accept most of what you have accomplished at Liberty, grab it and run with it.


Liberty U diplomas are jokes.





Think about it - a school that has no proctored exams. I could hire a grad student to do my work.


Do I hear "diploma mill?"|||Check into the credit transfer situation first. Then do what is right for you.





Best of luck,





WC


Higher Ed. Administrator|||Alabama University for sure!!!! Go for it and Good Luck to you!!!!!|||Damn I did not know Alabama was such a good business school





but i would go to BAMA. ROLL TIDE

No comments:

Post a Comment