Monday, December 12, 2011

I don't know what to do with this situation, I'm a college student but I don't know if to continue!?

I'm 20 years old; I start going to college at the age of 18. I was so excited! High School for me was not I expect to be, My mom though that I won't have a future because for her I never do anything in life. At the age of 17 I start the GED program, I couldn't understand what's the professor was teaching so I decided to take the books to home and teach myself. But for my mother, I was doing anything. At the end of the year by June 2007 I asked my professor to send me to take the exam, Although he didn't feel I was going to pass, he sent me. When I came back from vacation, I Received a letter with my High School Diploma and a over high passin grade 4 every subject. I was happy I Knew that for the first time, my mom would be proud of me. When I start going to college, everything were awesome! But my mom start to push me to get a job saying that I have to stop being so useless, because for her I was doing anything. So I apply for target and got accepted, I love this store but its a retail store and crazy as hell scheduled. On spring fall 2008 my GPA star to fall. My scheduled at target was 3:15-12:00 am. But I didn't want my mom to start saying that I was a worthless. I talked to her and accepted. But the same think start again. She said that I misuse TAP and FAFSA money, but Hey! I worked the entire christmas 2008 days and night over hour; But I didn't take that money for me, I gave it to her! I Don't care about money I just care on making my people happy but its like they forget about me! I'm not a party person I just like to be at home with the love of my family.But this job at school its not the type of job I like, I like a place to move around and etc, Like Target! The main reason that make lead me to decide to start working its to start from the beginning %26amp; get experience, But this is affecting soo much my career. Its showing that I'm a dumb person and I'm not =( My GPA is sooo low!! I Studied sooo hard for this final to get a D in a class just because this damn professor its a maniac! But I realized that its my fault! I'm doing something wrong and what's hurts me more its that my mother can't understand how much this is affecting me!





Because she start working younth, she expect me to do the same think. And what make me proud of me its having things on my own!But there's something I star to think ; If at college per semester, FAFSA and TAP give me $2,500 every semester. excluding $1,500 Workstudy! Total more than $7,000 year. Why I'm loosing that money and earning $3,000 a year by receiving humiliation from managers that make you feel a ****! just because if I exceed that amount my mother won't get Section 8 and help from the government, but in the other hand when she get mad at me she can start saying that she can call the police and kick me out of the house because she pay the rent? Hey Don't get me wrong she's not a bad mother, she's my life I love her so much! But sometimes she make Me feel so useless cuz she can't understand my pain. She always accuses me of the misfortune of her life, but its not my fault that she has taken bad desicions. Desicion that has affect me more than her but im not going to live in the past! She can expect me to be a professional in order to help her in the future if she don't help me to do it! Its like my psychology say when a person don't have a knowledge of what its to be a college students, won't understand what they suffer. I tried to say that to her and she felt offended. She's pushing me to act this way and I don't know what to do. I will defenetively leave target and go back to work on Summer and Christmas time but my school has alway be my priority in life.





I'm stuying business management and almost all my classes are D so I don't knof if to start from the beginning again and finish and transfer to a four year college? I need 20 credits more and being on probation just let me take 7 credits per semester!!|||For starters as difficult as this may be for you to read you are an adult with the ability to make decisions for yourself and this has absolutely nothing to do with how good your mother is. If you want to go to university and get your degree then that decision is yours to make, not your mother. Granted she may call you names and make you feel worthless. However you can minimize your contact, go to school in another town, choose not to talk to her, and be assertive with her by lettering her know you are in charge of your life. Until you take steps to make decisions for yourself regardless of your mother feels about them and accept responsibility for them then succeeding at university will not be an option.





In your current situation if your major is business management and you have all Ds then it will not get you off of academic probation and it is too low of grades to transfer to another school. Additionally the Ds may not count to fulfilling your requirement for your major which means you have passed but will need to retake them in order to graduate. The best thing for you to do is read your school's policies on academic probation, requirements for graduation, requirements for this major, and understand the impact that Ds may have for you. Another thing you may want to consider is cutting back on the number of hours you are working to less than 20 with a schedule that works for you and look to live on campus. By living on campus it might give you the emotional support you need and help you develop friendships so that you do not feel so bad.|||You need to stop listening to your mom.





You're 20, you're an adult, and this is YOUR life. If you think she's pushing you the wrong way, then ignore her. It's not easy, I know that, but that's what you need to do. I'm sure she's a fantastic mother in lots of ways, but guiding your future is not one of them. It's not right for her to make you feel useless and to put pressure on you to work. Please, for your own sake, take control of your life and do whatever needs to be done to graduate with high grades. She will probably be angry that you're disobeying her, but she will always love you.





Working while in university is very hard, as you have discovered. So, focus on your studies instead. It's ok to have debts after you graduate, most people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment