Thursday, December 8, 2011

I feel Discriminated at work here in TEXAS?

In the last several months there has been a series of event that have made me question the work ethics, laws and characters in which I find myself in at my job. it was a subtle yet visible change that many other coworkers high lite as Shady, Favoritism and the big no no Discrimination.





The time @ my job has been a rodeo of a ride and in the last 6 years I have gained much training, knowledge and experience to perform my duties for the company but @ the same time doubt, fear and emotional stress.





So here is the scenario that I feel supports my claim; A Columbian Engineer whom I supported work for transferred out and shortly after I was demoted and replaced by a non experienced employee. This all happened in two days. Day 1: we had Pre Testing for a client which failed and ruffled the departments involved in the preparation, which turned an ugly hand against my Inspection process, a big hoot arose and I provided all supporting documentation that proved we were not ready for the client. Day 2. I took my son to his graduation, management and supervisors conspired without my presence so that I could speak and I walked into a demotion the day after. I was told to not see it as a demotion but as a way to get out of the stressful position and i got written up. But as soon as I hit the shot floor the talk of the shop said different. I was being told I was on the cutting board.


A week or two went by and on a random Monday I was called into my bosses office and was given a lateral move to a new department. Two week into the job I noticed I did not have the necessary tools as my equal co worker did. These were a Company truck to travel afar, a Company lap top to communicate, document, open emails, a company credit card for those Business customer lunches. I noticed this right off the hand and always felt a company should equipped there workers with the tool needed. Oddly the co worker with my same title and who worked for the company for only 3 months was now more equipted to do the same job as I?





It was on Thursday Sept 8th 2011 @ 4pm that I was asked to go home and to return @ 9pm because the job was on a tight schedule so I agreed to do so. I stayed to 6 19am that Friday Sept 9th 2011. I text my manager on my way home a 1hour drive exhausted; Friday Sept 9th 2011 6:29am " Im heading home, you do know I just put in 22hrs. My coworker can swing the next wouldn't you say?" His reply was; I will let you know thanks for last night.That after noon my manager called me and asked me to be in between 6 %26amp;7pm and gave me no work schedule. He said he was surprised that I stayed to 6:19am and by that time I had already about 68hours for the week. Friday night 5:44pm I text him "Im on my way. Im not going to be able to pull nights like this here on after. I have little ones a wife whom I cannot bare to leave at them witching hours. I had a clear understanding that you would flex the two of us. Night-shift sucks its is not for me. I then sent that text to our boss. So I started that Night @ 6pm, tired and nausea's I left @ 3:30AM. I realize I was not given a choice to work the night shift I felt if it was for this one tank as explained then it woudl be suitable for the both of us to split the need to nights.





Now I am in a situation where my manager says he needs to know why I left at 2am and why did work not get done. I flutter him with text stating I left @ 3:30am all the items that got closed, I called him to as him why couldn't te co workerpull a double like I did, He hung up on me there after, text me to report to the boss @8am Monday and that was no longer needed out there.





This is when I felt Discriminated, I am Hispanic I have worked for this company for 6years, an employee with no experience was now more equipped not sharing the schedule I was and clearly not being ask to do what I am. Another employee with no experience was now doing project management assignments who also has not even 1 yr of service|||Excuse the bluntness, but if you aren't gay, it may be best to place this question somewhere else, as many people answering will believe that you think you are being discriminated against for being gay in Texas.





Also, I would talk to your supervisor, asking him why he did this, before jumping to discrimination.|||provide this information (hopefully in a little easier-to-understand format) and supporting documentation to the EEOC (their information must be posted by law, usually in the breakroom)


they will let you know if you have a case

No comments:

Post a Comment